Position: DIRECTOR OF FAITH FORMATION FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH
General Responsibilities: The Director of Faith Formation for Children and Youth plans, organizes, and implements a wide range of activities for children, from birth through high school, with special emphasis in the areas related to Christian education and children/youth ministry programming.
- Recruits and trains adult volunteers and youth leadership.
- Maintains regular office hours and availability to children, youth, and families of the church.
- Works and serves alongside church staff, ministry teams, and work areas to help implement and foster the mission of the church.
On an ongoing basis:
- Plan for, organize, and implement activities and faith formation programming for children and youth of the church.
- Review our church’s present ministry with children and youth and assess the faith formation and Christian Education needs.
- Develop and implement new ideas for children and youth ministry programming.
- Work with others involved in children and youth ministries to provide an inclusive and well-coordinated program and curriculum from nursery care through Presbyterian Youth Fellowship (PYF)
- Attend and participate in meetings of the Children and Youth Faith Formation (CYFF) Ministry Team
- Collaborate with the Adult Faith Formation Ministry team to provide parent education and support activities
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Work with the CYFF Ministry Team to set goals, evaluate performance, and regularly report progress to session.
- Advocate for children and youth programming within the larger congregation and increase its visibility within the congregation.
- Participate in regular professional development and continued learning.
- Perform other duties as may be requested or required from time to time.
- Attend and participate in the regular worship, fellowship, and missional life of the church.
- Prior experience in leading children and youth activities, preferably church-related activities.
- A college degree in a related field such as teaching, counseling, social work, etc. is preferred.
- An ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
- Willingness and enthusiasm in working with others.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technological skills
- Openness to learn
- Must have or be willing to be trained in Safe Sanctuary (church safety for children and youth)
- Familiarity of the PC(USA) and appreciation for our reformed theological heritage
Personal Requirements: High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals, with an awareness of the importance of example. Demonstrate Christian character and commitment in daily life, including articulating a personal faith journey.
Accountability: Administratively responsible to the Senior Pastor and Head of Staff.
If interested in applying for this position, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 662.234.1757 for more information.