We give out of love for all that God has given us. There are many ways to give and to support the ministry of First Presbyterian Church, Oxford: Gifts of time and talent are offered as we care for one another through various acts of service and love; gifts of prayer are offered for the benefit of others as we remember their needs; and gifts of financial support are offered to sustain the valued ministry of this church family. By joyfully giving of our time, talent, and treasure, we confess our faith in a God who is always enough and participate into the living of God’s Kingdom here and now.
Give now through Realm, our website’s secure giving system here:
Click here to open up Realm on a new tab. Need help? Call the church office.
Additionally, you can give by:
– Mailing gifts directly to the church office at 924 Van Buren Ave, Oxford, MS 38655
– Texting fpcoxford to 73256 and following provided instructions
– Enrolling in direct deposit or withdrawal
Pledging is a practice of letting the church know how you can financially support its ongoing ministry.
Thank you for prayerfully supporting the missions and ministries of FPC! Every gift is greatly appreciated. If you need assistance with any specific ways to give, please contact Frances Saralvarez at email@example.com.
The four church-wide Special Offerings of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) are a collective witness to Jesus Christ’s love for the whole church. One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost Offering, Peace & Global Witness Offering, and Christmas Joy Offering play an important role in defining what it means to be a connectional church. Over the years these offerings have provided ways for individuals and congregations to join together with each other and in partnership with other Christians in responding to a variety of concerns.
- One Great Hour of Sharing enables our church to share with neighbors in need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disaster, providing food for the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and the oppressed. Recipients of this offering include Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA), the Presbyterian Hunger Program and Self-Development of People. This offering is received at Easter.
- A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering can be retained by individual congregations wanting to make an impact in the lives of young people within their own community. The remaining 60% is used to support ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency including Young Adult Volunteers, Ministries for Youth, and Children-at-Risk.
- Gifts to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enable the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world. Individual congregations are encouraged to utilize up to 25% of this Offering to connect with the global witness of Christ’s peace. Mid councils retain an additional 25% for ministries of peace and reconciliation. The remaining 50% is used by the Presbyterian Mission Agency to advocate for peace and justice in cultures of violence, including our own, through collaborative projects of education and Christian witness.
- Each year during the Advent and Christmas season, we turn our eyes to Bethlehem and celebrate the wondrous gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior. By giving to the Christmas Joy Offering, you honor this gift by providing assistance to current and retired church workers in their time of need and developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color.